Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 13 discharge

I've noticed a lot of people on this forum receiving approvals right after Chapter 7 discharges. How soon after you're out of a Chapter 13 can you start applying for things to re-establish your credit and does anyone have any suggestions as to who would be best to deal with. I'm already a member of NFCU and a have a Nsecured card with a $1000 limit.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chilli
Established Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 discharge

@Anonymous wrote:
I've noticed a lot of people on this forum receiving approvals right after Chapter 7 discharges. How soon after you're out of a Chapter 13 can you start applying for things to re-establish your credit and does anyone have any suggestions as to who would be best to deal with. I'm already a member of NFCU and a have a Nsecured card with a $1000 limit.

Have you checked out Soulmaster 700 in 24 months plan on here. It says it is for people with a 7 but I have a 13 that was discharged 1/2014 and I followed this plan and all of my scores are not over 700 now. This plan works. 

Your NFCU secure card will graduate in 12 months. You may also want to check out creditaddicts NFCU guide on here as well. You will get a lot of help there too. Your NFCU CC will grow very quickly.

There is also a thread created by Scupra...bankruptcy friendly credit cards.

best of luck to you.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for this advise, I'll post my current FICO scores soon and start posting my progress, I'm new to the forum so I'm just learning to navigate through everything.

Message 3 of 4
Chilli
Established Contributor

I want to add that you should not start applying for credit until after you are discharged. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.