Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 final payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 13 final payment

Just mailed my final payment today. Now time to figure out how to fix my transunion and equifax credit reports. I’m 649 on experian but 552 on equifax and 511 on transunion. The 500 scores are wrong as my credit wasn’t that low before filing chapter 13.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 final payment

Congratulations on making your final payment!  Best of luck to you on rebuilding :-)

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

For you and millions of other good people who have paid on their Chapter 13 plan and successfully kept their payment current specifically the last 12 months leading up their Discharge, know this. Your dedication will not go unrewarded. As it relates to qualifying for a home, you can be approved for a home without any waiting period! In fact, for any government loan such as an FHA, VA and USDA Rural Development Loan, all you need is 12 months on time payments and approval from the Trustee. What? That's right! Not only that, we go down to 580 middle credit score. I have helped hundreds of individuals and families get into a home when they thought it wasn't even possible. Hope this info helps you!

Message 3 of 5
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

You probably have about 90 days or so before the discharge. After that your credit is going to go crazy as accounts start to update.

I would suggest you ask your lawyer if it is ok to get a secured card now. That will really help getting your score up. 

I am 2 months past my discharge and im in the mid 600s, start in the low 500s high 400s.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Making that last payment os a great feeling. Now the journey to rebuild begins. Today marks my 1 year anniversary from my Chapter 13 discharged. My lowest score was Transunion 508. Today it's 768. Highest score is Experian 790. I suggest you stay glued to this forum and you can achieve whatever your credit goals are!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.