cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 listed on accounts not included in the filing?

tag
Bluedragon

Chapter 13 listed on accounts not included in the filing?

I filled chapter 13 and included all my unsecured accounts. After filling, I now see that GMAC for my second mortgage is listing the chapter 13 when I am in fact current and up to date on my payments. I also noticed that an old HSN cc account with a zero balance is also indicating Chapter 13 but this account was paid in full years before the filling. Is there anything I can do to have these two entries/ negative comments removed?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 listed on accounts not included in the filing?

We made payments to both our mortgage and our second mortgage while we were in Ch 13 BK, and they both reported as IIB.

Truth of the matter is, even though you and I make the payments directly to the creditor, they are still included in the "plan"  Just try missing a payment on that second mortgage and see how quickly your trustee checks in with you.

According to our attorney, if I'm remembering correctly, Chapter 13 requires you to list all of your creditors.  They are all included in your BK plan, even those you pay directly.  Just be glad you're not making payments to them through your trustee - remember he takes a percentage of every dollar you send in.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.