cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 payment end is so near but seems so far.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 13 payment end is so near but seems so far.

Long story short, I filed Bankruptcy Chapter 13 in April 2012.  I did so because I was over my head with bad credit, creditors hounding me down with judgements and garnishments, bank account levied and I was in financial trouble in the military.  I remember my attorney saying when I filed bankruptcy that I will fail the plan because I was too irresponsible with my financial matters and she did not think I was going to make it.  I missed my first three payments and was on the verge of having a dismissal until I asked my attorney to send me an employer deduction letter for me to fill out.  I filled out the letter, it was sent to my employer and then my 1070/month bankruptcy payment began getting sent directly to my trustee.  I was embarrassed to see that the bankruptcy deduction was included on my pay stub as "bankruptcy debt" and up to this day I hide my LES unless the person has a need to know.  

I have been bound by this 1070/month payment and I recently will be hitting 15 years in the military.  I was given a "GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY" to take an early loan on my retirement which is known as Career Status Bonus which gives you 30k and I take a dock on my retirement by 10%.  I know this is not the best solution, but I took it because I WANT TO MOVE ON.  

I am in a 100% repay plan and on 1 May 2015 I will get my 30K bonus and the pay off amount on my bankruptcy will be roughly 9K.  I will be sending my trustee a check that day with my post bankruptcy credit counselling certificate in the mail and wait on my discharge.  I want to buy a home, I want to have a diverse credit portfolio, I want to have  a better interest rate on my auto loan.  I want to LIVE!  I have learned a grave lesson on credit, spending, and abuse of credit that I will not repeat it again.  

I check PACER daily and the National Data Center just to get reassured I am almost done with my bankruptcy.

I also have two collections that were not included in my bankruptcy and my lawyer has not been much help getting them included.  But, I plan on that day when I get my check to call those collection agencies and pay them off to  have a clean record.  

This storm is almost over. I will be looking to many of you to help me in my rebuild process.  I am currently cleaning up my credit with a credit report cleaning company and hoping to have a clean record.  

Thanks to many of you.  Those in the Chapter 13 plan I understand your frustration, but the wait is worth it.  Pay your payments and in the end you will reap the rewards of your labor.  Take care.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 payment end is so near but seems so far.

Welcome to my FICO! Thank you for your service! You came to the right place for great advise. Sounds like you have a good plan started. Not sure that it was a "great" idea to pull money from retirement, but like you said, you want to move on. Ask around about the possibility of getting those collection accounts discharged through your BK. I know you said you asked your attorney. Also, if it comes time that you have to pay them without the possibility of inclusion in your BK, ask for PFD. Just PIF will not remove the collections off your reports. Another thing to keep in mind is that there is nothing a credit report cleaning company can do that you can not do yourself. And save money. You will find this out if you stick around this forum.  Good luck on your journey.

Message 2 of 5
dt3813
Regular Contributor

It's almost over, but these last few months, days will be the longest. It sounds like you've grown a lot from this experience as most of us do. Good luck. And hang in there....the days feel like years towards the end.

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The creditor is National credit services for 3100 due to my eviction from an apartment in 2012.  I have tried to dispute with them and they keep reporting the same thing, collection account and no change in status.  I had 3 other collections updated as 0 balance included in bankruptcy but Midland refuses to include the debt in bankruptcy.  I know they stand legally firm as they were not mention as creditors on my petition.  The apartment complex residence was mentioned due to me having a deposit there, but no as owing. The eviction/credit was during my petition and my 341 hearing.  I was referred to them 2 months after my 341 hearing.  They have not budged.  I just plan to pay, not sure if I have any leverage with not being mentioned in bankruptcy.  My other collection is from a speeding ticket (camera enforced) in Maryland (goverment debt....so they win ...lol).  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much. I appreciate all of you.  Love serving my country. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.