cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 question

tag
loueez

Chapter 13 question

i just filed Chapter 13. My 341 meeting is 11/7/2015. My first payment is on Oct. 8. The issue is that I do not get paid until the 15th.

Will paying my first payment 7 days late be an issue?  I am directly paying the payment by epayment.

thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 question

Im sorry, I wish I could help. Im a BK7, not a 13. I know there are a few peeps here that are 13, so maybe they will chime in. My advice is to contact your attorney, so he/she can let the trustee know. Good luck!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I would contact your lawyer.  Normally your first three payments have to be made on time for a Chapter 13 to be confirmed.  I would call them ASAP!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, call your attorney to see if you can reset your payment date. Do NOT be late. I set up automatic payments which is what the trustee wanted. I was able to divide the payments so that I made two payments. That might be another option for you. Do this immediately. Chapter 13 works great if you follow the rules. Good luck to you.

Message 4 of 6
kaymom
Contributor

You should most definitely contact your attorney as it may vary from state to state. I filed in MS back in April. My first payment had to paid by my scheduled meeting date, which was in May. 

A Fresh Start
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely get qualified advice on this. As much experience as many of us have on this board, none of us (at least I don't think so) are qualified to give you advice in the legal sense. Talk to your lawyer. They will let you know what the best course of action will be. I'm sure they have dealt with issues similar before this.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.