Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 question

tag
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Chapter 13 question

We have a car loan that was apart of our Chapter 13 that was finally paid off in May of this year.  I just pulled my Experian and Trans Union Reports and they are showing that we were 90 days late in 2012.  Which would be impossible since our monthly payments to the trustee came out of my husbands check and they made the car payment.  It is showing as apart of the wage earner plan.  but doesnt this 90 day late during the chapter 13 look really bad?  What can we do?

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 question

Dispute! Are all three reports showing the same thing? You could dispute directly with the lender or via the CRAs. I have to admit I have done both simultaneously when either could have worked. 

In anycase, dispute. If no results....BBB, CFPB and report them to your state AG. 

I should mention, this is likely a mistake and could be fixed with a simple phone call to your lender's credit department. If this doesn't resolve it, I'd begin the dispute process. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 2 of 3
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Re: Chapter 13 question

The lender is triad and they are a pain to work with.  I will dispute with the cra  first.  In fact they are still holding the title even though it was paid off in January. 

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.