Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 13 status update with credit scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 13 status update with credit scores

Hey yall-

I wanted to let you know where I stand at the moment in my case and with my credit scores.  Next month will be 3 years into my Chapter 13. My original plan was set for 5 years and after about 2 years I was tired of the hefty trustee payment every month, so I decided to sell my house.  After I sold my house (and my attorney did have to file a modified plan) I was able to have my plan modified to 3 years, making March 2008, 3 years, due to proceeds of the sale going to the Trustee.  Come to find out, my attorney submitted just submitted (another) 'application by debtor's attorney for supplemental compensation' without me even knowing.  This extended my plan by 13 months above and beyond March of 2008.......can't cuss here so I will leave out the explatives!!!

Anyway, after I have filed my tax returns this year, which I have to give to my Trustee anyway, I will have more than enough to pay off my attorney the amount owed.  Regardless, I am almost done and never, ever ,ever wish to go back. 

That being said my Fico's are as follows ( Not great at all but getting better)

TU: 642
EQ: 625
EX: 651

My credit scores are improving and I am not even out my Chapter 13 yet.  Just wanted to pass this along as it can only get better,,,hopefully this will brighten someones day.  Hang in there

J
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 13 status update with credit scores

wait till you get a couple cards after discharge, your scores will make a big jump! Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am jealous of your score!!!! We have been paying cash for everything and that has hurt our scores. I am getting a secured card soon.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have to say I have so far been pleasantly surprised at my scores after filing CH7. I thought they were going to be horrible eventhough I had perfect payment hist for 20+ yrs prior to filing! I just got a 68pt bump today on my EX since one of my last two CC balances was IIB instead of showing 120 late. I have one left that has to be shown IIB with a LARGE balance so I'm hoping for one last bump!? It certainly does get better after BK.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have been paying cash for everything and that has hurt our scores.
Dont think of it in a negative way, your suppose to lay low and use cash while you in BK. It teaches you to be better with your $$.

IMO, I would ONLY get a secured card if you are unable to get unsecured. Just wait till you been discharged for a month or so and apply for a card from hooters or juniper. (There is a thread about BK friendly cards over in the 'credit card' section of the forum)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.