cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 BK filed, now im concerned ????

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 BK filed, now im concerned ????

Please explain this to me - not sure it makes sense...

"However, typically it is better to have the accounts reporting as IIB because it helps your AAOA.  Once a Trade line is IIB, as it ages the negative affect is reduced.  So after a few years, IIB does not hurt anymore.  So IIB that is over 2 years old actually HELPS your score due to the additional bump in AAoA."

AAoA is based on when the account was opened, being IIB, Opened or Closed does not play in to it - it is simply the calculation of when it was opened.  Maybe I am missing something...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 11 of 13
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

.  I could have filed the BK7 myself with the help of this board, saved $1500 and did it right.

However, typically it is better to have the accounts reporting as IIB because it helps your AAOA.  Once a Trade line is IIB, as it ages the negative affect is reduced.  So after a few years, IIB does not hurt anymore.  So IIB that is over 2 years old actually HELPS your score due to the additional bump in AAoA.

Who told you that?

AAoA isn't determined by whether or not an account is IIB... and speaking from experience I can tell you that an IIB account most definitely DOES affect your score after 2 years. 

My scores are still affected and the accounts are 6 + years old.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 12 of 13
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Please explain this to me - not sure it makes sense...

"However, typically it is better to have the accounts reporting as IIB because it helps your AAOA.  Once a Trade line is IIB, as it ages the negative affect is reduced.  So after a few years, IIB does not hurt anymore.  So IIB that is over 2 years old actually HELPS your score due to the additional bump in AAoA."

AAoA is based on when the account was opened, being IIB, Opened or Closed does not play in to it - it is simply the calculation of when it was opened.  Maybe I am missing something...

+1

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.