Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 BK in 09

tag
tbenz6876
New Contributor

Chapter 7 BK in 09

I had a Chapter 7 BK in 2009, that was also discharged in 2009. It has been 7 years. Is there a way to get it off the credit report now. It is only showing on Equifax, and Experian, and when I called them they are telling its 10 years. I have this mortgage lender that is making jump through hoops on getting documentation about it. All the negitive accounts that were with the BK has dropped of my CR. My mid FICO is 710. I think if I could just get the BK off there somehow I would hit the magic 740.

Any suggestions.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 BK in 09

Bankruptcy remains on a credit report for 10 years, while the accounts included in BK fall off after 7 years.

If your mortgage lender is making you jump through hoops to document a BK 7 years old with a FICO of 710, my suggestion is you talk to a different mortgage lender. Some mortgage lenders are just plain ridiculous - I had one that wanted me to close every single credit card I had. My response: Goodbye.

Message 2 of 4
tbenz6876
New Contributor

That was my thinking but the builder said we have to have a pre approval through this lender before we can sign a contract. We dont have to use them but have to be pre approved by them.

Message 3 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Pretty sure the builder is blowing smoke up your behind.  The only reason they want you to use their lenders is because they get a kickback for sending business to them.  In return for using their lender, they offer to pay some of your closing costs, or some other incentives.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.