Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Deleted from 2 CB but not the other

tag
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Deleted from 2 CB but not the other

Hello Everyone,

I had a question and was hoping to get some advice on how I can go about this. I have a chapter 7 BK from July 2004. This BK has dropped off Transunion and Equifax during the last 3 months, however it remains on Experian. I have tried to dispute this and they basically said too bad it says on there until 2014. 

Any idea on how i can dispute this further to get it removed? If i sent in a copy of my credit report from the other 2 CBs showing that it is not reporting do you think that would help?

Thanks.

Current FICO Scores as of June 2022:
Experian: 720
Equifax: 721
TransUnion: 719
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Deleted from 2 CB but not the other

Hi Eddie,

I can't explain the CH 7 aging off your EQ and TU reports so early, but - hey! - it is cause for celebration!!!

And folks will be anxious to hear how your FICO Score was affected.

But all of the CRA's can - and mostly do - report CH 7 BK's for ten years.  So your waiting time is still ten years from your filing date.  The good news for you is that you've got two reports that are clean - or at least clean as far as the BK is concerned.

On these boards, we don't recommend or advocate disputing accurate info - so no, I wouldn't recommend disputing.

If you wanted to send in your credit reports from the other two CB's showing that they are no longer reporting it, you could.  I haven't heard of others who've had success with this - but you never know.  Experian is able to report for the full ten years regardless of what their competition does.  And if you have baddies on your other reports, I wouldn't even consider sending them in.

I have to ask, also, where are you getting your credit scores from?

If they're not FICO's - your true FICO scores could be significantly different than what you're pulling.  (You could have already reached your goal and not know it).

Also, if you have baddies after your BK, I would recommend working on them rather than fretting over a still correctly reporting BK.

And - dude - celebrate that the BK's not on two of your three reports!  If they're not totally clean now, use the celebration karma to work on any baddies still on your report.

Message 2 of 5
CreditBuilder01
Valued Member

Hi Eddie,

Did you do anything to get the BK's off of TU and EQ?  Or did they just fall off?  Are off the TL's associated with the BK gone as well?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

Thanks for the kind words beamMEup. It is something to celebrate.

My credit scores that i got are FICO's that was pulled from a local credit union. 

I have had 3 charge off's since the BK  due to not having a job w/ this economy in 2008 and i have actually paid them off so they report zero balance, in fact one of them changed it from charge off to Pays As Agree. I haven't really seen a huge change in my credit score though. Since then I have been able to obtain 3 credit cards, 1 being a secured card with a $200 limit, and 2 that are $300 unsecured, all of which are utilized under 35% and paid each month, or PIF.

We'll see what happens, after the BK dropped from TU and EQ my credit scores did go up about 30 points.

Message 4 of 5
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

I didn't do anything, they just fell off and all accounts that reported "charged off due to bankruptcy" fell off as well.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.