Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - Statement of Intention Help

tag
kajeno2001
New Visitor

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - Statement of Intention Help

First time post but a question I need help with.

My husband and I filed Chapter 7 in early June and our Statement of Intention was due today which our lawyer filed.  Here comes the tricky part.

My husband and I are currenlty in the process of separating and I am looking for a place to live in our City which chould take quite some time.  There is also the possibility of a reconcilation.  A small one I should add.  

Our home loan is through Bank of America and we are current on that loan.  Our lawyer put surrender on the Statement of Intention for our property which may not be the case if we do reconcile but like I said small chance.  Since I am not sure when I will leave or if we will reconcile does surrender mean that they will take the house even if we stay current on our mortgage?  

Our Statement of Intention was due today and filed today and our 341 meeting is next Thursday.  I am stressing now because I don't know what our outcome is going to be or home long it will take me to find a place to live.  Wll my lawyer have to file an Amended Statement of Intention or should we be okay with the surrender checked if we stay current on our mortgage?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.