cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Bk File,mtg w/creditors done waiting for dc WTH is going on w/ my score!

tag
butter1
Valued Member

Chapter 7 Bk File,mtg w/creditors done waiting for dc WTH is going on w/ my score!

Hello Guys, I filed for Bk chapter 7 on 11/18/13 and had my mtg on 12/18/13, my deadline date is 2/16/14 so i am patiently waiting for my discharge papers. I have been reading several post on here where everyone score has jumped when debt has been removed. Well I went from 23k in debt to 3500 and my score tanked from 550 when bk hit my report and has remained 497 at that score since 12/18/13. My plans after discharge is to apply for a secured card to attempt to rebuild. Am I doing something wrong, also one of my debts stated included in bk but they did not change amount owed to 0 like the others, does that mean that they will dispute? Please if anyone can give me some advice on what I could be doing to raise my score up so I can at least get a secured card after discharge pwk has been recd. Thanks in advance. 

Current Score: Equifax Fico Score: 595 Transunion fico Score 619 -- Goal 720
Chapter 7 BK filed November 2013 / Discharged February 2014
CapitalOne- Quicksilver - $1500 / Cap 1 Secured: $710 / Merrick Bank- $700 / Walmart $300 / Target $300 / New York & Co $550 / The Limited $250 / Buckle $250 / Fingerhut $750 / Firestone $800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chapter 7 Bk File,mtg w/creditors done waiting for dc WTH is going on w/ my score!

The period of time between filing and the day you receive the discharge can result in your CR going all over the place, I would not put any stock in the way anything is reporting at this time until the discharge actually comes thru, then you will move on anyone who is still showing amounts due and not IIB. Once your accounts are in order from disputing if necessary then you can go ahead and app for the secured card. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
butter1
Valued Member

Re: Chapter 7 Bk File,mtg w/creditors done waiting for dc WTH is going on w/ my score!

Thank you for the response, just so I am clear, if it does state included in bankruptcy it should not list an amount and should be disputed is that correct? - 

Thanks Again, patiently waiting on discharge>   Smiley Happy

CapitalOne- Quicksilver - $1500 / Cap 1 Secured: $710 / Merrick Bank- $700 / Walmart $300 / Target $300 / New York & Co $550 / The Limited $250 / Buckle $250 / Fingerhut $750 / Firestone $800
Message 3 of 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

That is correct.

You should see the balance of zero and that the account was included in bankruptcy.

And also, your score will jump all over the place - mine finally stopped being crazy and actually started increasing as the accounts got updated to and my overall utilization went down.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 5
butter1
Valued Member

Thanks so much for the response, It looks like I will be disputing a couple already. Thank You!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.