Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Dismissed on an Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7 Dismissed on an Account

Hello guys,

I have been reading this forums for quite some time and currently in the middle of a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy being discharged in February 2016.  Okay so I had a 2010 Chevy Equinox that I included in my bankruptcy and the finance company's attorney filed a motion to have the automatic stay lifted to come get the car.  My attorney stated to not to reply or anything since I did not want the car just let the trusttee approve to have the automatic stay lifted.. So the automatic stay was lifted on 12/22/2015.. Now fast forward to today, I got a notice from MyFico stating that my car loan balance is over 20,000 and that my Chapter 7 was dismissed which it is not.. that is the only account that updated to that and I checked pacer and nothing has changed and I am still scheduled to be discharged in Feburary.  What should i do?  Should I contact my attorney or the finance to have this straightned out?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 7 Dismissed on an Account

Things are in flux during the time between filing and discharge. I would definitely speak with your attorney and make sure everything is progressing as it should with the rest of your BK. Once the discharge is complete, if things are still not showing properly, dispute it. You may find that it is removed completely. Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Dismissed on an Account

Wait until your discharge has been issued. That auto loan would be included in the discharge and then the creditor must update to IIB with a $0 balance. It is premature/waste of energy to fight over reporting prior to a discharge.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.