Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7 Journey

After nearly a year of reading and researching on this forum i finally decided to file Chapter 7.  Paperwork was electronically filed Nov 17, 2017 with an entered date of Nov 20.   With advice from the boards i created a Pacer account, Is there a certain period of time before it shows up online?   I have a case number as of today.   I'll update this post along the way with any milestones and setbacks.

I appreciate all of the info from everyone here! 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chapter 7 Journey

The chapter 7 has hit all 3 CBR’s and boy did the bottom fall out on the scores. A medical collection hit my report 2 days after the bankruptcy reported. The account was listed in the filing. Will this be a bad thing going forward or will it change after discharge?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently awaiting 341 meeting.    Been going thru CR's and found an account being reported by the OC as a charge-off and also by the CA as a collection.    Its normal for the account to be reported twice?  Isn't this a double whammy?   

Thanks for any insight.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve disputed a couple of collections that were not reporting properly and one that belonged to my ex-wife. TU and EQ deleted 2 of 3, fixed the amounts on the 3rd

Is it too soon to start working on the rebuild?
I have a paid off installment loan with NFCU that was never late.
I have a secured visa with NFCU. Never been late in 2 years so I’m hoping to reaffirm this card if possible.

When should I get a secured CC with Capital One? After the 341 or wait until after discharge?

Thanks
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, should I begin disputing the accounts that are still reporting a balance and not showing IIB? Or wait until after discharge?

There are currently several accounts that the CRA’s listed as $0/IIB
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

wait 10 days after your discharge to dispute anyhing still showing on your reports. I had things reporting up until the day I got ym discharge a few days later it was wiped out, I idnt even have to dispute it.

Message 6 of 18
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

I started my rebuild after my 341 meeting. I got a secured card through my credit union.

Does your secured card with Navy Federal have a balance?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it does. Currently at $5,200. I use it for work, the balance bounces around between 2k and 6k depending on when my expenses are paid by the company. I’ve had the card 2 years and whenever I have spare cash I try to raise the limit.
Message 8 of 18
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Your trustee may not let you reaffirm such a large balance. You should verify with you attorney.

Also, NFCU may still close the account and you will still be responsible for the debt.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed ch 7 bankruptcy on 11-17-2017 as well and my 341 is scheduled for 12/18

Some accounts have changed to $0 balance IIB but others have not

I was able to open a SelfLender account but am waiting for after the 341 or more accounts to change to $0 IIB before going for a secured card

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.