Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 ?

tag
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 ?

"Some misinformation above on PLUS loans. Parent PLUS loans are credit based, and you likely will no longer qualify after BK. . ."

The above is why you need to be speaking to a professional as "bstone" infers that a bk is going to impact the ability to secure such future loans. And, while I will be the first person to admit I was wrong, my above post does not contain "some misinformation on PLUS loans".  Read the bk code.

525. Protection against discriminatory treatment:

(c)(1) A governmental unit that operates a student grant or loan program and a person engaged in a business that includes the making of loans guaranteed or insured under a student loan program may not deny a student grant, loan, loan guarantee, or loan insurance to a person that is or has been a debtor under this title or a bankrupt or debtor under the Bankruptcy Act, or another person with whom the debtor or bankrupt has been associated, because the debtor or bankrupt is or has been a debtor under this title or a bankrupt or debtor under the Bankruptcy Act, has been insolvent before the commencement of a case under this title or during the pendency of the case but before the debtor is granted or denied a discharge, or has not paid a debt that is dischargeable in the case under this title or that was discharged under the Bankruptcy Act.

(2) In this section, "student loan program" means any program operated under title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 or a similar program operated under State or local law.

Plus loans are governed by title IV.

Des.

Message 11 of 12
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 ?

I certainly won't argue with you on PLUS loans, however I have worked in the student loan industry for many years, working directly with PLUS loans and the approval process, and am only telling you from direct experience. What do I know though...
NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.