Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge-offs shown on credit report after Chapter 7 discharged

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge-offs shown on credit report after Chapter 7 discharged

Hi all,

I was discharged on 10/27/2015. I pulled all three credit reports and in all of them, there is two charge offs, the rest of my debt says it was IIBK. Now my question is, should I dispute those items. The accounts show they were charged off before the date I filed. They were sold to collection agencies and I included those accounts in my BK. No collection agency shows on my credit reports. Does this sound ok? How likely are these charge offs going to affect my chances of getting my credit score up in the future?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge-offs shown on credit report after Chapter 7 discharged

You can dispute saying they were IIB. That will either get them deleted completely or changed to IIB. Good luck on your journey!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer, Cruznmore. My brother had told me that if they were marked as charge off before the filing date, even if I dusputed them, they weren't going to change them. So that's why I was a bit confused,
Message 3 of 6
smitty1
New Contributor

I have 6 accounts just like yours, showing the same way..  I have disputed them at least 4 times.  If they were charged off before filing the BK, they are showing correctly. Since the accounts were included in my BK, I think they should reflect that, but they don't,  and it really drags down the scores.  This, for me, is only on EQ.  The others have them marked as iib.  There are 3 Cap1's, 2 HSBC that were bought by Cap1, and a Credit One.  So, Cap1 won't even approve me for a secured card, and Credit one even says no, "you have a previous charge off with us".  How embarassing is that.  If anyone knows how to get them changed to iib, I would like to know how.  I have resigned myself to waiting until 2017 for the 7 year fall off.  Anyone???

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, Smitty. I guess there is no sense in disputing them if they were charged off before filing date. Good luck in your journey!

Message 5 of 6
smitty1
New Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.