Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate with a BK 7

tag
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Chase Slate with a BK 7

Do you know of anyone that has gotten approved for the Chase Slate with a BK7 on their report WITHOUT HAVING TO CALL IN AND BEG FOR THE CARD? I am 20 months post BK 7.  4 CCs with $6,300 TOTAL credit line and Auto Loan that I owe $7,200. What are my chances?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate with a BK 7

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

Do you know of anyone that has gotten approved for the Chase Slate with a BK7 on their report WITHOUT HAVING TO CALL IN AND BEG FOR THE CARD? I am 20 months post BK 7.  4 CCs with $6,300 TOTAL credit line and Auto Loan that I owe $7,200. What are my chances?

I think you will have to call in for a recon at least through year 7 and probably the full 10.  The computer sees the BK7 and says no.  You have to call and give them a reason to override the computer.

The reports of people getting in with Chase are few and scattered before 7 years.  Virtually all of them have had to recon.

Did you IIB Chase?  That makes matters more difficult.

I am definitely on their blacklist.

Message 2 of 8
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

NO, i did not burn chase and I have never had chase credit before of any kind. I have a chase debit card and chek and savings account, I am assuming this makes no difference.... If I ever apply I will do it at a branch... But  I have to wait I guess to let score rise....

Message 3 of 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

NO, i did not burn chase and I have never had chase credit before of any kind. I have a chase debit card and chek and savings account, I am assuming this makes no difference.... If I ever apply I will do it at a branch... But  I have to wait I guess to let score rise....

Honestly, at this point I think it would be wasting an HP.  I would probably wait until four years and then expect a struggle.  Chase and Citi are really the two toughest when it comes to BK's.  More than the other major lenders.  Citi is a definite no before seven years unless you get in through their secured card that later unsecures.  

Message 4 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

^^^Yep, agree with Ch 7.  I was told directly from Citi that no chance of approval before 7 years with Bk on record. I do have the Best Buy card that is Citi, but I had it before Citi was the lender so they 'inherited' me when they took over the Best Buy accounts a year or so ago.

Chase OTOH said no way for at least 10 years. They were in my Bk so I get it. Agree with Ch 7 Rebuilding's analysis: don't waste a HP now for Chase. Make your rebuild solid and hold off until you have at least 4 years under your belt.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

I'm over 8 years post BK and I tried again before going into the garden.  They still won't give me a card and their reason is because a BK shows on my report. 

Message 6 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

Chase is a tough one and will require recon while BK is still reporting.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:
Chase is a tough one and will require recon while BK is still reporting.

I'm not going to worry about it now.  I'm not applying for anything until my time in the garden ends.  By that time, the BK will be gone.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.