Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase or BOA or Citi; 9 years post BK

tag
jwright343
New Contributor

Chase or BOA or Citi; 9 years post BK

My credit currently sits ~ 740.  I got Discover IT and the Duck Card the same day about this time last year.  I have ZERO inquiries and it's time to build the credit portfolio.  What do you all suggest as my next card.  If I had a purpose for a new card it would be to lower utilization.  Currently i have about 18,000 in credit.  I've decided on Chase, BOA, or Citi.  I'm leaning towards Chase.  No history with them.  I believe Citi was in my previous BK, not for much though.  BOA is the most BK NOT friendly, or at least so i've read here.  With that being said, what do you all think.   Once again, I'm 9 years post BK.  Should fall off this October.  Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase or BOA or Citi; 9 years post BK

@jwright343 wrote:

My credit currently sits ~ 740.  I got Discover IT and the Duck Card the same day about this time last year.  I have ZERO inquiries and it's time to build the credit portfolio.  What do you all suggest as my next card.  If I had a purpose for a new card it would be to lower utilization.  Currently i have about 18,000 in credit.  I've decided on Chase, BOA, or Citi.  I'm leaning towards Chase.  No history with them.  I believe Citi was in my previous BK, not for much though.  BOA is the most BK NOT friendly, or at least so i've read here.  With that being said, what do you all think.   Once again, I'm 9 years post BK.  Should fall off this October.  Thanks for your help. 

Wow, how did you get two credit cards last year and no hard pull?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@jwright343 wrote:

Wow, how did you get two credit cards last year and no hard pull?

Maybe they're looking at a CR that wasn't pulled by the two companies.

Message 3 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@jwright343 wrote:

Both Chase & Citi (and also BoA) have prequalifiers, a soft pull, and if they recommend a card to you the chance is good they will approve your app with a hard pull.

Google (bank) credit card prequalifier and see if the recommend a card for you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.