Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChexSystems removal success, via BK7

tag
chubbs3
New Contributor

ChexSystems removal success, via BK7

I found conflicting information online, so I just wanted to post my little succes story with ChexSystems.

Upon receiving my notice of filing bankruptcy and meeting of creditors I faxed a copy of it to Chexsystems. I also included a letter demanding that the information be deleted, as well as a copy of the free Chexsystems report with violations circled I had received earlier.

Lo and behold, it worked. I just received a letter from them that both accounts listed have been removed. Not a zero reporting balance, flat out removed.

Can't tell you how pleased I am. It's nice to start a trip well, as the old saying goes, well begun, half done. 

Message 1 of 108
107 REPLIES 107
Krizno

Re: ChexSystems removal success, via BK7

Congrats!! I was actually wondering this. Good to know. Thanks!
Message 2 of 108
kd081708
Regular Contributor

I was able to get the negative information removed from my chexsystems as well. I didnt wait until after my creditors meeting. I just faxed over the first page of my chapter 13 filing and customer service told me to wait 10 days. Exactly 10 days later I called and they confirmed that everything was removed and then I received a letter a few days later.

I went to a local credit union and opened a new account that same week. It was great!

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

KD, I was going to wait until after I was discharged to open an account. For some rewason I thought that the accounts could be in jeopardy because of the BK.

Did you have any issues?

Message 4 of 108
kd081708
Regular Contributor

No I didnt have any issues. If it wasnt for me telling the bank teller, she had no idea that I was in bankruptcy. I ended up converting to a chapter 7 last week and advised the attorney of the new accounts and she said it wasnt an issue that I just needed to provide them with my first bank statement when I receive them.

Current Score:
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

I have also faxed over my discharge papers along with a letter asking to remove negative items but I didn't include a recent Chex systems report. Will it still work?

Message 6 of 108
kd081708
Regular Contributor

I did not send over a copy of my report. I just made sure that I included my SSN on the documents so that they will pull up the correct file. In exactly 10 business days, they were removed. Then, they sent me a copy of my report with all the items they removed.

Current Score:
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

You shouldn't have any trouble. I didn't kmow what was needed and went the overkill route. ChexSystems assigns you a number to use with them when they send the ChexSystems report. I included it on my demand for removal, I'm sure your SS number will work just as well. If you do have difficulties, please post.

Message 8 of 108
chubbs3
New Contributor

Just to update, upon leaving my 341 creditor's meeting I stopped and opened a checking/savings account. it's the first real bank account I've had in over a year. So far my bk7 is like a gift that keeps on giving. Attorney and filing fee's $1008. Cost to pay off my overturned bank accounts, $1573. Net savings=$565, on that one issue alone.

Message 9 of 108
Shaunita09

Update.... I ordered my Chex report, then I faxed it over with my discharge paper work. I called today and the rep said that my report had been updated and everything prior to my discharge was removed.

Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.