Congratulations!!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 450 EX 498 TU 470
Current Score:
EQ 574 EX 581 TU 572 Barclay 596 Merrick 612
Goal Score:
600 all by 06/30/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Re: ChexSystems removal success, via BK7

Did you include the violations in your bankruptcy?
**Gardening until Sept. 2016...**
BK 7: Filed March 2013/Discharged June 2013
FICO Score: 580 at the start
Barclay Rewards VISA $2,500, Barclay Rewards MC $2,300, Capital One Quicksilver One $1,750, Capital One Quicksilver One $1,500, Care Credit $2,000, Fortiva $4,000, & Walmart $1,200.
Message 12 of 108
chubbs3
New Contributor

I don't understand your question.

Both accounts were listed in the BK7. I sent ChexSystems a copy of my creditor matrix so they could see that the accounts were listed in the BK. I don't think the others here bothered to send it but theirs was still deleted.

Message 13 of 108
outlaw7478
Valued Member

OP thanks for posting this info!!! I faxed over my papers and Boom I'm outta chexsystems!!! Going to my local credit union tomorrow
Message 14 of 108
chubbs3
New Contributor

Cool, I'm glad it worked for you.

I'm curious as to why they do it. To be honest if I was running ChexSystems I wouldn't be giving free passes like they do. Not that I'm complaining, it's worked out great. Figuring out the how's and why's of these financial behemoths is a constant guessing game. Nothing they do makes sense to me.

Message 15 of 108
LB08

I followed your steps and got mine removed. I received the letter today. I never would have thought to pursue it. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 108
chubbs3
New Contributor

Very cool. Congrats!

Not my steps though, it's just information I gleaned from this and other sites. It's nice to be able to give a little back even if it's just parroting.

I was reading my stats earlier, 3500 minutes online and 1600 posts read. Amazing how much I've come to care about a topic I didn't give a fig about my entire life.

Message 17 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I had no idea until you offered this information. Cost me $14 dollars but I ordered the report. Want to see what they have on file.

Message 18 of 108
AllAboutCredit1

Hello. Im pretty much new here. I filed Chpt.  7 BK on 8/14/13 so im still in the process. I came across alot of info on the internet about Chexsystems and BK. I thought I'd try it out to get my Chexsystems entries removed. So far, here is what I did. I recieved my Notice of Filing from the US Bankruptcy court about 1 week ago. Once I recieved this, I faxed that and a letter of intent to the Chexsystems Consumer Relations Dept. I stated in the letter that due to the debts being discharged in bk, I would like to have the items removed and my name removed from the system. I included my Chexsystems consumer number thats on your Chexs report and each entry that was listed as well as the amounts. That was last friday and they want 10 BUSINESS days to process the info and bcuz of the holiday, I know it will be late next week I should recieve a letter. If not, I will call them! I really want another account......

Message 19 of 108
JanelleOH

Chubbs....I just got off the phone with chexsystems and was told to fax in the BK paperwork.  But the guy told me that the items would show a 0 balance not drop off.  Any chance you could post a copy of your letter to them so I can make sure to say the right thing (identifying information removed of course Smiley Happy  )  Thanks a bunch!  

Message 20 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.