Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claims Scheduled, Claims Asserted???? What does this mean in PACER

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Claims Scheduled, Claims Asserted???? What does this mean in PACER

Had my 341 today, PACER was updated with the following:

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, XXXXXX, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law...blah, blah, blah...Claims Scheduled: $ 234267.61, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment(without deducting the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge): $ 234267.61. (XXXXXX) (Entered: 06/27/2017)

What does the red stuff mean?  Where do those numbers come from?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Claims Scheduled, Claims Asserted???? What does this mean in PACER

Looks like the amount of your debt. Do you have a mortgage and car loan?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

Yes, mortgage and two car loans.  The math doesn't seem to add up though when I calculate the outstanding balance on my mortgate, car loans and unsecured debt which is what makes me wonder - maybe I am doing the math wrong or missing something.

Message 3 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Is it to high or to low? Did you reaffirm the car loans?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

Yes, mortgage and two car loans.  The math doesn't seem to add up though when I calculate the outstanding balance on my mortgate, car loans and unsecured debt which is what makes me wonder - maybe I am doing the math wrong or missing something.

Sounds like that by your math your combined debt is less than the amount the Trustee listed? The loans have likely added penalties, late fees and/or higher default interest rate  you may not be aware of, making your combined debt more than you realize.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
Is it to high or to low? Did you reaffirm the car loans?

Seems high.  Did not reaffirm but I am paying and retaining.

Message 6 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

You should have received a schedule that itemized everything. I would double check it to make sure there's nothing listed that shouldn't have been.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.