Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Up Credit Reports and Hitting Roadblocks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleaning Up Credit Reports and Hitting Roadblocks

Hello! I had my 341 last month and immediately after began the task of cleaning up my credit reports. All accounts except for two are reflecting IIB/$0/Included in Chap 7 or in the case of my medical debt and Midland/Portfolio accounts, removed completely.

The two that remain are an under $500 balance with NFCU and a collection account with SW Credit Systems. I included both in my filing and they were also included in my disputes with each bureau. In the case of SW, they merely validated the debt yet they also closed the account, leaving the balance owed. With NFCU they moved the date of last activity up a year and changed the balance owed upwards as well. They also removed my paid-off trade lines with them that were closed by consumer. So odd.

In addition, my EX score hasn't budged in weeks, nor have I heard any resolutions one way or another on any disputes. TU and EQ have been on it and I've watched my score increase with removals/adjustments.

Advice please on next best steps!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jmclaughlin1982
Established Member

Re: Cleaning Up Credit Reports and Hitting Roadblocks

You look pretty good from my standpoint. Give it until like a week post DC for everything to be reported correctly. I had like 3 accounts (Midland and a Lease Agreement) that didn't update until day after DC.
If the majority of your accounts are $0 balance and IIB I'd say your on the right track.
One tip I've heard: a few months after BK DC dispute all IIB as "verify all information." From what I understand since these accounts were IIB and are uncollectable a lot of creditors will not update and they go away. I had this happen with 3 accounts post DC.
Hope this helps
BK7 filed 3/23/2016 DC 6/20/2016

Current Credit
Ally Auto-$17000| Credit Builder Loan-$1000| Secured Loan-$1000| Cap 1 Secured-$400| Kohl's-$300| Milestone-$300| Gettington/Webbank-$500

AU- Chase Freedom-$500| Cap 1 QS-$500| Amex-$2000| Walmart-$910| Target Card-$300| Kohl's-$300| Credit 1-$300
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.