Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Up While Waiting on Discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleaning Up While Waiting on Discharge

Hi All! I'm waiting on my discharge and while I was lucky enough that about 95% percent of my accounts automatically updated to IIB/$0/closed, there were a couple that didn't and I'm working on cleaning up those while waiting on my discharge. I have a few questions on those to make sure I can get them reporting properly.

1) If an account is showing as $0/closed/no past due, should I worry about making sure it says IIB?

2) VZW decided that they were going to add my past due bill to my EX report as "Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department" in January, despite being IIB in December. They aren't listing it as an actual collection, just an account - can I request this be completely removed instead of just changed to IIB? It didn't go on my credit report at all until 1/1/15.

3) in the "Discharge to 700" thread, it says all accounts should read Zero Balance, Included in Bankruptcy, Current (not "default/derogatory" status). On my CK reports, some show as "Closed - Derogatory"... is that the part I should be disputing?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cleaning Up While Waiting on Discharge

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All! I'm waiting on my discharge and while I was lucky enough that about 95% percent of my accounts automatically updated to IIB/$0/closed, there were a couple that didn't and I'm working on cleaning up those while waiting on my discharge. I have a few questions on those to make sure I can get them reporting properly.

1) If an account is showing as $0/closed/no past due, should I worry about making sure it says IIB? Nope

2) VZW decided that they were going to add my past due bill to my EX report as "Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department" in January, despite being IIB in December. They aren't listing it as an actual collection, just an account - can I request this be completely removed instead of just changed to IIB? It didn't go on my credit report at all until 1/1/15. They can add it but cannot be reporting past due or in collections post BK month, demand it be removed or updated to IIB,

3) in the "Discharge to 700" thread, it says all accounts should read Zero Balance, Included in Bankruptcy, Current (not "default/derogatory" status). On my CK reports, some show as "Closed - Derogatory"... is that the part I should be disputing? Whomever said that credit accounts in BK will list as closed, current or paid as agreed is completely off base they most certainly can show as closed CO and/or derog IIB.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks gdale6! I just got a fico scorewatch notice that the VZW collections account actually brought my score up 23 points?! Weird. Still requesting the removal, but bizarre nonetheless.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dragonhunter,

Not trying to highjack your post, but had similar questions.  My bk7 dischanged 1/8/15.  I have the following questions:

1) If a collection account was IIB, can it still report as open on my CR?

2) I surrendered my vehicle and during my BK they updated the report to show Closed - Derrog.  Can I dispute this on CR?

Thanks for any information. 

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi dragonhunter,

Not trying to highjack your post, but had similar questions.  My bk7 dischanged 1/8/15.  I have the following questions:

1) If a collection account was IIB, can it still report as open on my CR?

2) I surrendered my vehicle and during my BK they updated the report to show Closed - Derrog.  Can I dispute this on CR?

Thanks for any information. 

No & No

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale6,

thanks for the info.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.