Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning up CR after BK

tag
Webpagesby23
Established Member

Cleaning up CR after BK

Hi,

Is anyone having issues getting accounts updated in equifax and experian after filing for BK. I already had my 314 meeting and I am waiting on my discharge papers. I was able to get some things deleted on my Transunion. But EQ and EX are subborn. Will it be better if I wait until I get my discharge papers? I am trying to get my scores to be somewhat close. But they are all over the place right now. Does anyone have any good tips. I have a old car loan that is reporting repo and late payments they will not update the account to IIB and the balance is wrong.

Starting Score: 514
Current Score: Credit Karma 663 Credit Sesame 611 My Fico 601
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Cleaning up CR after BK

I had issues with Honda Finance and a few other CCs, but I included a copy of the schedule of creditors in my online dispute and they updated it. It took a few tries, but it will get there. Smiley Happy

Good luck.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 4
Webpagesby23
Established Member

I will try that next

Starting Score: 514
Current Score: Credit Karma 663 Credit Sesame 611 My Fico 601
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 3 of 4
flivai
Established Member

Once you obtain your discharge I'd recommend trying to get a mix of credit cards/loans. From what I've seen a good mix is 3 credit cards and some type of installment loan. I filed BK and was added to my fiance's credit card and instantly got a 40 point boost on that 1 card.

Equifax - 683
Transunion - 632
Experian - 675
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.