cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing credit report

tag

Clearing credit report

Hi everyone I need some help. I filed for bankruptcy on 12/30/13 and got discharged on 04-01-14. Ive been clearing up my credit report and everyone is clearing up except for Kay's jewelry acxount that I had. It showing status as charged off instead of included in bankruptcy. I disputed them with transunion and equifax but it didn't work. I called Kay's directly but they told me since they sold my account to a CA before I filed that it's showing as charge off/ sold or transfer and that's its accurate. What should I do now? Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Clearing credit report

@bandwagonfreshmeat wrote:

Hi everyone I need some help. I filed for bankruptcy on 12/30/13 and got discharged on 04-01-14. Ive been clearing up my credit report and everyone is clearing up except for Kay's jewelry acxount that I had. It showing status as charged off instead of included in bankruptcy. I disputed them with transunion and equifax but it didn't work. I called Kay's directly but they told me since they sold my account to a CA before I filed that it's showing as charge off/ sold or transfer and that's its accurate. What should I do now? Thanks

If it was reported CO prior to your filing date, then it is reporting correctly.

Message 2 of 10

Ok. I thought everything on my credit report was suppose to be listed as IIB.

Message 3 of 10
amber78
Contributor

IM sorry this happened! Im going through CH7 right now but I am by no means an expert.  I too though that it should say IIB.. however any baddies from that place listed before the BK would still be on there.  Perhaps a letter would work?

PAST SCORES: Experian FAKO
511 (12/01/13), 591E(05/02/14), 628 (05/07/2014)
CURRENT SCORE: 658 (08/15/2014)
Filed CH7 04/2014 & Discharged 08/2014
Goal Score: 720
In my wallet: CapitalOne Plat. $700 (07/2014), Capitalone QuickSilver $2,000 (09/2014)
Message 4 of 10
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

If it was charged off before you filed then it should report IIB and $0 balance. 

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 5 of 10

Yes it was charged off before i filed. But the creditor is telling me otherwise right now and won't change it
Message 6 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Are you disputing directly with Kayes or through a CRA?

Message 7 of 10

I disputed with the CRA as well as sent Kay's a letter and phone call
Message 8 of 10
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

If it does not show a balance and is not does not continue to show late each month, I would forget about it.

Balance and last late month are the keys to improving credit.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 10
mommy2mimi
Established Member

YOU CAN DISPUTE THRU CFPB AND BBB AND CROSS THOSE FINGERS THAT IT GETS HANDLED. I GOT SEVERAL THINGS OFF MY CREDIT REPORT BY DOING THE SAME. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.