Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account on Experian Report after BK

tag
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Collection Account on Experian Report after BK

Hello,

I am trying to get a collection account removed from my Experian credit report.  I have disputed it, and the status says "Dispute Resolved - Consumer Disagrees"   And it's the only collection account on my credit report now.

How the heck do I go about getting this removed?  I have read that other people have been successful in getting collection accounts removed from credit reports after bankruptcy so was hoping someone could help me.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Account on Experian Report after BK

@Taoron wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to get a collection account removed from my Experian credit report.  I have disputed it, and the status says "Dispute Resolved - Consumer Disagrees"   And it's the only collection account on my credit report now.

How the heck do I go about getting this removed?  I have read that other people have been successful in getting collection accounts removed from credit reports after bankruptcy so was hoping someone could help me.

Thank you.

Send the reporting CA a copy of the discharge with demand for removal or you will file a BBB and/or CFPB complaint. You can also contact the BK trustee and let him/her go after them for violating the automatic stay granted by a BK. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.