Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection aftter discharge

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Collection aftter discharge

I've been discharged for 20 months. In preparation for buying a house in 4 months I had someone run me to see where I stand. This morning myfico sends me an email that a new collection was just added. I immediately call to see who they are. They say I owe AT&T $223 from last year. I've never had their service. I just disputed with the bureau but what happens if they don't remove it? I'm devastated. now I see my dreams being flushed down the toilet once again.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Collection aftter discharge

Well, if you never had AT&T service it's probably a mistake and hopefully the CRA dispute will get it removed. Don't be devastated, credit reports have no memory, once you get it off it never happened. If they don't remove it try calling AT&T.

Message 2 of 3
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection aftter discharge

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Well, if you never had AT&T service it's probably a mistake and hopefully the CRA dispute will get it removed. Don't be devastated, credit reports have no memory, once you get it off it never happened. If they don't remove it try calling AT&T.

I tried calling them too but because it's a password on the account they will not provide me with details unless I know the password. They told me to dispute with the CA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.