Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections after BK

tag
MJSeahawks
Valued Member

Collections after BK

I posted a similar question in the rebuilding thread, but this one may be more appropriate. I'm 2 years discharged for ch 7 BK and trying to get my credit mortgage ready. While reviewing my credit reports I've come across a few things.

I have 2 accounts listed under collections in my CR. Both say IIB. One has an assigned date before my BK and one has an assigned date just 5 months ago. Is it normal for accounts that say IIB to be still listed under collections in my CR?

I also have some student loans that were 90 days late prior to my BK that were transferred/sold to another lender. The student loan accounts show up as pays as agreed with the new lender, but they are also listed under the old lender and still say 90 days delinquent. Should the old accounts still be showing up as delinquent even though they were transferred to a new lender??

If anyone has any knowledge or advice on this before I attempt to figure out how to dispute these on my own it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.