Established Member
freerunningmn

Collections reported after BK!!!

Ok, so I filed BK7 on 2/20/13, went to my 341 meeting, everything went as planned and my discharge will be May 15. 2013. However, today I got a call from a collection agency trying to collect a debt that was included in my bankruptcy, and they claim they can still collect it and I need to pay it. They also just reported it to the CRA's and now is reporting as if its from this month. What do I do??? I included OC in my bk and had my 341 meeting before they sold it to this CA, is this legal? Do I have any recourse? What are my optioins?

Valued Contributor
asphaltcowboy

Re: Collections reported after BK!!!

I would report this to my attorney and have them contact the CA

to advise they are in violation of the stay order and demand they remove. Good luck

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 721 EQ 719 EX 717 Last Update 8/2014
Garden Club 04/10/2013 (Goal 2015 or Longer)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}