Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with Pacer and creditor PRA Receivables

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused with Pacer and creditor PRA Receivables

I filed for bankruptcy on 5/5/17.  On my pacer report it is showing on 5/6/17 a company by the name of PRA Receivables is showing up as a "filer".  I had my 341 meeting on 6/5 and this company that I have no idea who they are did not show up.  Should I be concerned? I filed chapter 7 and have no assets. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused with Pacer and creditor PRA Receivables

i also have it showing on my pacer. My 341 is not until 7/11. I did research and it is portfoilo recovery asst.

Message 2 of 9
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed for bankruptcy on 5/5/17.  On my pacer report it is showing on 5/6/17 a company by the name of PRA Receivables is showing up as a "filer".  I had my 341 meeting on 6/5 and this company that I have no idea who they are did not show up.  Should I be concerned? I filed chapter 7 and have no assets. 

For me PRA Receiviables was who Synchrony Bank idk if its the same for you but mine said PRA Recievalbes c\o Sychrony Bank

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

PRA,LLC is a receivables management company. In lay term, they are also called "debt buyers". My car loan was originally from Santander USA and halfway through my Chapter 13, my loan was taken over by PRA and the payment now goes to them.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks it is for Synchrony but this company doesn't appear on my credit reports anywhere so they were not included in my filing but Synchorny was. Should I be concerned? They never contacted me previous to filing so I have no knowledge of them. 

Message 5 of 9
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Nope I wouldn't say so I think it's synchrony back office or something that just wants updates my bk has been discharged and closed so no worries
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 6 of 9
bshockley1981
New Contributor

I noticed on my Pacer, they were on there too, for Kmart??? I've never owed or filed anything with them. Do they just attach themselves to every bk7, maybe for tax write offs? Odd
Message 7 of 9
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Same here lol. I was like what the heck? I guess they represent Synchrony Bank and I have a Lowes card which had a $150 balance (no missed payments ever!) that I completely forgot to include in my petition! It was an honest mistake and I'll be adding them shortly. It sounds like this is a common theme with them, though. I just found it funny because I have never had an account go to collections so i don't know why they would want a copy of notice. It should just go to Synchrony themselves since they already updated the account as IIB on my reports (they were quick!!!). 

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 8 of 9
Shannon3671
New Contributor

I filed 7/28/17 and my 341 meeting is Friday. I just pulled up Pacer for the first time and also noticed this PRA listed on there out of nowhere. I looked at other pages and saw there was a notice given to the BK court from Synchrony regarding my Care Credit account that's listed in the BK to send all notices for it to PRA instead. I too was taken back as there was only one past due to them and that was when filing the BK so it had never even been sent to collections prior to my filing the BK. Odd they would have a CA stepping in for them after the BK that wasn't involved prior to the BK. Makes me nervous. :\

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.