Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing account numbers post-discharge

tag
gaugemaker
Established Member

Confusing account numbers post-discharge

Hi,

Like everyone here, I'm trying to clean up my credit report. This site has been invaluable!

I filed for Chapter 13 in Oct. 2009 and was discharged in April 2014 (yay). As I've been combing through my reports, I'm really struggling to match a few Bank of America credit card numbers to my records. Some seem like they could be input errors -- 3539 instead of 3534 -- but others are just totally different. The amounts included seem ok though. Should I just leave these alone? Overall, the number of accounts and the amounts IIB are ok. Is it possible to ask BOA to verify the account numbers and possibly remove them if they are wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confusing account numbers post-discharge

You are free to dispute any invalid info though If you do I would use a Section 623 Direct Dispute and not go through the CRAs.

Message 2 of 3
gaugemaker
Established Member

Re: Confusing account numbers post-discharge

Thanks for the reply. I will contact BOA directly. There is one account in particular that is showing on Equifax as a charge-off with a balance due. All other CRAs have corrected the info but my Chapter 13 docs show all these different account numbers so it's hard to show definitively that the account was IIB. TU and EX show it as IIB, $0 balance but I'm still struggling with EQ.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.