Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contempating Chapter 7 or default

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contempating Chapter 7 or default

If you file a BK, either, your Last Three Months need to be zero, or will NOT count.

So when you speak to an Attorney, your chances of saving a credit card most likely will not be possible.

* we all would like to save an existing relationship with Navy, but I also believe that there is a $ dollar limit, on how much you can pay back over a short period of time.

Talk with your Attorney, and see what your options are.  You will be specifically limited to those options, not your preference.

While I am sure that this is not fun for you, but if you decide that this is what you have to do, then that is what you have to do.

Best Wishes ! ! !

VeteranHomeBuyer wrote:

navy fed, cap one,amex, and discove

* read the FIRST post of this thread.

You will quickly realize that your opportunities with AMEX are not good.

Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737

Message 11 of 15
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Is there no way to refinance that loan with NFCU?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
Is there no way to refinance that loan with NFCU?

I wish but navy fed is really stingy with unsecured personal loans in my experiance

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you file a BK, either, your Last Three Months need to be zero, or will NOT count.

So when you speak to an Attorney, your chances of saving a credit card most likely will not be possible.

* we all would like to save an existing relationship with Navy, but I also believe that there is a $ dollar limit, on how much you can pay back over a short period of time.

Talk with your Attorney, and see what your options are.  You will be specifically limited to those options, not your preference.

While I am sure that this is not fun for you, but if you decide that this is what you have to do, then that is what you have to do.

Best Wishes ! ! !

VeteranHomeBuyer wrote:

navy fed, cap one,amex, and discove

* read the FIRST post of this thread.

You will quickly realize that your opportunities with AMEX are not good.

Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737

Thanks, this is why I am on the fence about just defaulting on the one loan and putting 10k back over the next year or two to try and settle it. That would save all other relationships as I could debt snowball them. Only concern would be Amex taking adverse action becasuse i defaulted with someone else. They already cut my limit in half on one of my cards because i dont use it enough

Message 14 of 15
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Maybe try and get some help/ideas here before making any decisions.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/bd-p/Retirement

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.