Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contemplating BK C13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contemplating BK C13

I've been working diligently on my credit and my score is now above 600 (starting in the mid 400's). I just purchased a new car and was super happy until I received a letter in the mail that my check is being garnished for 2408.00 at 25%. I'm so worried that I will not be able to pay my bills now.

Thinking about filing C13 (I can't do C7). I am so depressed and fill like my life has ended!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contemplating BK C13

$2400 is not enough debt to consider bankruptcy over. The cost of filing the bankruptcy ch13 is similar to that amount. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been working diligently on my credit and my score is now above 600 (starting in the mid 400's). I just purchased a new car and was super happy until I received a letter in the mail that my check is being garnished for 2408.00 at 25%. I'm so worried that I will not be able to pay my bills now.

Thinking about filing C13 (I can't do C7). I am so depressed and fill like my life has ended!!!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contemplating BK C13

I have more debt. i'm worried that another creditor will garnish within the next month too. 17k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.