Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct Formula for Payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct Formula for Payments

Hello Everyone!

Hope the winter is treating everyone well as it is here in NY so far..

My lawyer told me it was okay to and he wanted me to apply after my 341 meeting so I followed his advice! I also cleaned up my reports I only have one account that is showing CO but my lawyer said it should clear after discharge.
My date is 3/21/17

Okay so this is my question. I read the 700/24month thread and I am still confused.

I currently have 4 cards which may be a lot. I am
Going to stay right here though for now

I have 2 Credit One Cards with 300.00 limits each (IDK how that happened)

1 Capital One Quicksilver one with a 300.00 limit

And 1 Reflex Card (don't judge me, lol I thought it would help) with 500.00 limit

So my credit One card payments are due march 2nd & march 4th and the balances is -6.56 and -1.19 because I been making payments through
My QS1 I have a due date of April 5th but no statement yet and I have a 200 balance on it but I also been paying through the time I was issued the card. So using and paying on that one. The relfex card has a zero balance and really is only for utilization purposes.

What should I be doing I'm so confused.

My scores are Eq-574 Ex-531 and TU 554 according to myFICO.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Correct Formula for Payments

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Hope the winter is treating everyone well as it is here in NY so far..

My lawyer told me it was okay to and he wanted me to apply after my 341 meeting so I followed his advice! I also cleaned up my reports I only have one account that is showing CO but my lawyer said it should clear after discharge.
My date is 3/21/17

Okay so this is my question. I read the 700/24month thread and I am still confused.

I currently have 4 cards which may be a lot. I am
Going to stay right here though for now

I have 2 Credit One Cards with 300.00 limits each (IDK how that happened)

1 Capital One Quicksilver one with a 300.00 limit

And 1 Reflex Card (don't judge me, lol I thought it would help) with 500.00 limit

So my credit One card payments are due march 2nd & march 4th and the balances is -6.56 and -1.19 because I been making payments through
My QS1 I have a due date of April 5th but no statement yet and I have a 200 balance on it but I also been paying through the time I was issued the card. So using and paying on that one. The relfex card has a zero balance and really is only for utilization purposes.

What should I be doing I'm so confused.

My scores are Eq-574 Ex-531 and TU 554 according to myFICO.

Hello!

Due dates are important but you need to find out the day the statement cuts in order to make sure your intended utilization reports. The statement cuts on the last day of the billing period. This should be clearly listed on the statement and is typically the same day each month. *I have seen it vary with some banks if it falls on a weekend, so watch for that.*

Once you know the date the statement cuts, THIS is the date you want to have the card at the balance you want to report. I have mine listed for all of my cards on a post it on my monitor at work.

A few days before the statement cuts, I pay the card down to whatever I want to report and then I stop using that card until after the statement drops. 

One VERY important thing to remember . . if you pay a card down before the statement cuts, the statement will cut and you will still owe a minimum payment on it. (even though you just made a payment.) Be mindful of this and remember to make sure any minimum due on the statement is satisfied by the due date.

The good thing is that if you goof and let a card report more than you wanted one month, you can fix it the next month. Only your last reported utilization on each card factors into your score.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Correct Formula for Payments

Okay so for instance my Credit 1 (one of them) has as a statement date of 1/6-2/6 due 3/2 it's already paid off so my balance showing is -6.96 but my other one is 1/8-2/8 due 3/4 and it's paid for the month but I have a balance of 39.00 what should I do?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.