Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost and fees

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Re: Public Record

Why on earth would the list someone's income for everyone to see. My husband has va income..so basically in this document anyone can find how much he is getting if they log into pacer
Message 21 of 24
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Bankruptcy Exemptions

we live in Texas. My spouse gets a disbility check. What does the exemption rule mean in regards to a chapter 7?

Ran across bk exemptions on the a website bk site.org with the meaning of bk actually spelled out not the abbrevation...We are possibly going to try and see if we can file on friday 07/01

Message 22 of 24
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

It is not just that easy , and who the heck would care about this? Relax!
BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SSH0126 wrote:
Why on earth would the list someone's income for everyone to see. My husband has va income..so basically in this document anyone can find how much he is getting if they log into pacer

It is part of an open court proceeding in which you are asking to eliminate your debts and ending the rights of your creditors.

The creditors and trustee have a right to insure 1. you are qualified for Ch 7 (or must be moved into Ch 13) and 2. to make sure that they have access to all of your income/assets. 

It is a trade off, but worth it. In the end very few people give a crap what anybody makes or the fact that you filed Ch7.  

The stigma of Bankruptcy is not what it was and as long as the Ch7 is legitimate and you're not some scan artist, it shouldn't be.  

People get in over their heads for many reasons and need help and the fresh start of BK; banks and lenders are big boys and know the risks going in. 

As written, your petition is available via the Pacer system (and other sites that feed off of Pacer) and when you google my name, results or links to the petition also appear from  www.open-public-records.com

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.