Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Debt IIB...

tag
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Credit Card Debt IIB...

Both Equifax and Experian have continued to not show an old CC debt IIB, which is was.  However, the debt is now over 5 years old.  Can I try to get it off of my CR by disputing it's age instead of the continuing battle to get it to NOT show as a CO?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Card Debt IIB...

Here's a "Bump", to see if you can get some replies.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 7
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Here's a "Bump", to see if you can get some replies.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period) is 7.5 years for a CO. 

So this debt would have to be older then 7.5 years, in order to dispute as it being too old to report.

Let me know if I understand this correctly.

You had an old CC that was a CO, that was included in the BK.  EQ and EX is not showing IIB on the CR's, but it shows as a CO.

Moving this post to BK board, to see if you can get more advice. I'm still learning about BK's, so I'll leave it up to the BK experts.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 7
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period) is 7.5 years for a CO. 

So this debt would have to be older then 7.5 years, in order to dispute as it being too old to report.

Let me know if I understand this correctly.

You had an old CC that was a CO, that was included in the BK.  EQ and EX is not showing IIB on the CR's, but it shows as a CO.

Moving this post to BK board, to see if you can get more advice. I'm still learning about BK's, so I'll leave it up to the BK experts.

It was included in the BK, but was not a charge off at the time of the BK.  One of them is now showing in collections on all 3 CRAs, too!  This is getting crazy. 

Message 5 of 7
krielly
Established Contributor

I take it you have disputed these accounts before? Did you dispute with the CRAs or directly with the Credit card companies? I would suggest contacting each of the Credit card companies and advising them they are reporting incorrectly as these accounts were IIB. If you don't have any success going that route, I suggest you send a written dispute (again to the original CC companies) stating the issue, and including a copy of your BK Discharge. Good luck!

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 6 of 7
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@krielly wrote:

I take it you have disputed these accounts before? Did you dispute with the CRAs or directly with the Credit card companies? I would suggest contacting each of the Credit card companies and advising them they are reporting incorrectly as these accounts were IIB. If you don't have any success going that route, I suggest you send a written dispute (again to the original CC companies) stating the issue, and including a copy of your BK Discharge. Good luck!

I had our bankruptcy lawyer take care of it!  This was the second letter he has sent to them.  This time he sent them a bill along with the letter.  It worked.  All three are now reporting it correctly!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.