cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Monitoring....PLUS Score and VantageScores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Monitoring....PLUS Score and VantageScores?

Besides free Credit Karma that I use. I also subscribe to USAA's current CreditCheck Monitoring in which on August 20th it will be changed to CreditCheck & ID Monitor.

I did notice other changes for the same price but wanted to know what is it, (is it upgrade or downgrade)?

Current: "Monthly Experian, TransUnion & Equifax Credit Reports and PLUS Score"

New: "Monthly Experian, TransUnion & Equifax Credit Reports and VantageScores"

What's the difference between PLUS Score and VantageScores?

I tried joining FICO but it won't let me because for some reason, Equifax does not have suffiecent info on me (**bleep**!?!?) so I'm stuck with CreditCheck for now.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Monitoring....PLUS Score and VantageScores?

Vantage score is what credit karma uses. Credit Check Total may be an option. It gets you experian score updated daily and Transunion and Equifax 3 times a month for 14.97 a month save offer if you call to cancel in the trial period. Experian updates quicker than myfico but nt sure about the others. It gives you Fico8 onlyfor all 3 bureaus.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So VantageScores worthless??

How can I get FICO 3 scores if Equifax doesn't have enough info on me (weird!)

Message 3 of 7
westcoastpeach1965
New Contributor

I dropped my subscription here to myfico and went with American Express's Credit Secure where I get an Experian Plus Score.  It is significantly higher than what I'm seeing here...713 as opposed to 670.  My other scores are about the same as here.  I don't know if it's because they all haven't updated yet or what but I definitely like seeing the 713...Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@westcoastpeach1965 wrote:

I dropped my subscription here to myfico and went with American Express's Credit Secure where I get an Experian Plus Score.  It is significantly higher than what I'm seeing here...713 as opposed to 670.  My other scores are about the same as here.  I don't know if it's because they all haven't updated yet or what but I definitely like seeing the 713...Smiley Happy 

Naturally you can subscribe to any service you choose.  The Experian Plus Score is not a score used by lenders in any way.  I don't subscribe to services that don't have any benefit to me directly, JMO.  

Remember, there are many scores that the CRA's sell just for revenue that have no benefit to anyone.  So if you get to the top of whatever range that score measures, what have you achieved?  There is no mathematical relationship to the scoring formula that lenders actually use to determine your credit worthiness. If it were up to the CRA gods, they would have every consumer paying for funky FAKO scores each month.  I have a real problem throwing away good $$$ on a score that doesn't measure anything directly related to the lender from which I am borrowing money (cc's or any type of loan).  This is my opinion only - not that of MyFICO or anyone else. 

Message 5 of 7
daveg38
Established Contributor

+10,000

It's almost inherently useless to subscribe to a scoring model that many subprime cards use and other major banks scorn.

Here's a case in point:

Credit One: When I applied and got approved, they returned a score of 669 (HA! right out of BK, I wish!). Exactly 123 points higher than my Experian score.

Discover: I applied and was of course denied (a post about this and others is to come). They returned a FICO8 of 573 - EXACTLY what I am seeing now in myFico dashboard.

Consumer fear drives CK and CCT, for one. They advertise on television how knowing your 'score', albeit the wrong one, can help you get out of your parent's basement or obtain shiny new things. And if you don't check it, well, you're condemned to the 9th plane of Hades.

I'm not a spokesmodel for myFico. That said, paying $30 a month for accuracy is more than worth its minuscule price.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 6 of 7
westcoastpeach1965
New Contributor

I don't consider Amex subprime and decided to try their credit scoring system for a while. I like seeing high numbers but do realize no one uses just the number. I don't mind paying $14 a month for access to all 3 scores AND reports. It's a good way for me to keep on top of everything, whereas here, at myfico, I get only 1 report every quarter and am paying $30 a month.
Starting Score: 660
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.