Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Monitoring services?

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Monitoring services?

@morgacj2004 wrote:

I use Identity Guard thru Costco. Membership is only $9.99 per month with my Costco Exec Membership. I think it is $14.99 with a regular Costco Membership. My FICO is also recc but it has a higher monthly fee. Credit Karma is free but the scores are FAKO. It is good however for monitoring any activity such as new open accts, closed accts, changes to credit limits etc. Their recc are also not very accurate.

You know, I see alot of discussion on the different forums here, usually with folks calling the free monitoring services (CreditKarma/Credit Sesame/Credit.com) as "FAKO" and to ignore the scores. And yeah, this is the MyFICO forum. But I just switched my banking to AZ Central Credit Union and they required a HP on EX for membership. I gudgingly agreed and thought since they were pulling EX I might as well ask what score they reported - 704, exactly what Credit.com is reporting. Smiley Wink

As for the OP's question, MyFico is undoudtedly the best, especially for those just starting rebuilding. But I use Credit Karma for TU & EQ, Credit.com for EX, and free Fico from Discover & Walmart/Synch CCs. I'm satisfied that is more than enough to keep an eye on my credit reports.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.