Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One after BK Discharge

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Credit One after BK Discharge

They were not IIBK but had them years ago good standing ' closed acct myself. Unfortunately I had a lot of prime lenders IIBK and I'm scared to apply for anything! 😱

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
padme
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One after BK Discharge

After 15k posts I'm sure u have all info u need. Btw u have to start somewhere if nothing else 

Message 2 of 9
Datx
Valued Contributor

1. Credit One has a Pre-qual on their website, have you attempted to do the pre-qualifier on their website?

2. You started a thread two days ago, and someone asked if you burned Cap One. If Cap one was not included in BK, I would recommend trying the Cap One pre-qual as well. 

Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Pre quail didn't pull anything up.

@Datx wrote:

1. Credit One has a Pre-qual on their website, have you attempted to do the pre-qualifier on their website?

2. You started a thread two days ago, and someone asked if you burned Cap One. If Cap one was not included in BK, I would recommend trying the Cap One pre-qual as well. 

Cap1 was IIBK, so I'm not sure if they will be friendly for rebuilding.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@padme wrote:

After 15k posts I'm sure u have all info u need. Btw u have to start somewhere if nothing else 

I know I have to start somewhere, I'm looking to get a card w/o having to waste HPs. 

Its been awhile since I've posted here regularly so past activity doesn't necessarily mean I know everything there is about my current situation. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a secured that doesn't require a hard pull. They are several out theere like Open Sky Visa and Primor. They report to all 3. Also, if you don't know about the shopping cart trick, find the thread. Easy way to gain a couple of cards without a hard pull. Good Luck

Message 6 of 9
Pway
Valued Contributor

Capital One will not pull your reports if you are blacklisted.  I burned them as well and it took me 6 months to get back in.  But each time I applied before then I did not get a HP for the app.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cap One was also on my Bankruptcy. I was discharged Nov 2015 do you think it's OK to apply for a card now?? My Credit Karma score (i know this doesnt mean anything, learned that last night) says 645.  Any advice is helpful.

Thanks,

Re'cy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Cap One was also on my Bankruptcy. I was discharged Nov 2015 do you think it's OK to apply for a card now?? My Credit Karma score (i know this doesnt mean anything, learned that last night) says 645.  Any advice is helpful.

Thanks,

Re'cy

When was your capital one card charged off? You will be denied if it was less then a year ago. This is why some people get cap1 right after bk7, and some have to wait months to a year. Your charge off date will be on your credit report. If there isn't one, your charge off date is the day of your discharge. Should be okay for approval right after that date. Also check the cap1 prequal site. 

Best of luck 

~Phil. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.