New Visitor
sgurariy

Credit Repair after Bankruptcy

I ran in to money problem several years back and decided to get the services of a debt settlement company to help me. Even though they settled couple of the credit cards after a while I couldn't pay them either and had to file for Chapter 7. It has been several years since bankruptcy and now I want to improve my credit. I was able to get Capital One card since that but that's about it.

I wanted to know if there is a way to remove the cards that were settled from the credit report because they are showing up as "settled for less than full amount" and if there are tips that I could use to improve my credit. I know that bankruptcy stayes on your report for a while but I heard stories of people still having great credit scores several years after filling.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+