Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report

tag
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Credit Report

I am really overwhelmed by the information on my credit report.  I am not sure if everything on it is correct post-bk.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to review the report and clean it up?  I've disputed a few things so far.. mainly with items showing as derogatory and sending in a notice that it should be IIB. 

But there are things like Student Loans that are not reporting correctly, and there are differing accounts on all the reports. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Report

When I pulled all 3 of my credit reports, not all of them showed each account as the same. I went through each and dispute with each one the info I found that wasn't correct. I think it's normal for not all 3 to look exactly the same, but making sure you get any errors cleared up before starting to rebuild (according to the guide!) is the first step. 

Message 2 of 3
arholden
New Contributor

Re: Credit Report

I got the schedule of creditors from my attorney, and then went through my 3 credit reports and made sure each account on there was included in the list of creditors from the bankruptcy.

I then went to each credit reporting agency's website and followed the instructions on there for disputing items. I did it all online, but some people choose to mail in the disputes. Each site gave me the option to upload any documents, so I uploaded the schedule of creditors from the bankrupcty paperwork as my proof that the account was included in the bankrupcty. The agencies would each email me update periodically.

The only issues I had was that some of the accounts were inlcuded in the list of creditors, but because they were charged off prior to me filing BK7, they won't update my credit reports to say INCLUDED IN BANKRUPCTY. They just say charged off.

BK7 discharged Feb. 2014
MYFICO scores: EQ 672 EX 677 TU 659
CapOne Platinum $4500, CapOne QS $4500 (both July 2014)
Discover $5500 (Apr 2016)
WalMart store card $700 (Sept 2014)
Amazon store card $850 (Sept 2014)
CareCredit $2000 (Jan 2015)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.