Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reports after Chapter 13 Discharge

tag
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Credit Reports after Chapter 13 Discharge

DH and I filed chapter 13 in January 2010. Up to that point, all CC payments, auto loans, student loan, and 1st and 2nd mortgage payments were current, never late. Our trustee payments were deducted from our paychecks.

We were discharged August, 2014.

I'm concerned that a couple accounts are not reporting accurately and I'm unsure if at this point I should dispute them or will it make matters worse and lower my credit score. i am trying to obtain an FHA loan in September of this year. The 1st mortgage was in my husband's name only. The 2nd mortgage was his and mine. Both were included in the CH13.

Here is how the accounts in question are reporting:

EQUIFAX REPORT

Auto Loan: 4 missed payments - does not say included in CH 13 - we kept the car and it was paid through the trustee

March 2010:   30 days late

April 2010:   60 days late

May 2010:   90 days late

June 2010:   120 days late

Closed & Paid

Current Payment Status: Current

Worst Payment Status: N/A

2nd Mortgage: 7 missed payments - Remarks: Chapter 13 - we vacated the house the same month we filed

Feb 2010: 30 

Mar 2010: 60

Apr 2010: 90

May 2010: 120

Sep 2010: 30

Oct 2010: 60

Nov 2010: 90

Capitol One CC: no payment history

closed: transferred/sold

Remarks: Charged off Account

TRANSUNION REPORT

Auto loan: (same one as above) - no missed payments (shows OK for each month reported)

Worst Payment Status: 120-149 late

Closed but does not state it was included in the CH 13

2nd Mortgage - No History - Remarks: CH 13 wage earner plan 

Worst Payment Status: Unknown

Sears CC: 3 missed payments - does not say included in CH 13

Authorized User (this was a surprise because DH and I make it a point not to share credit cards)

Purchased by another lender

Jan 2010: 30

Feb 2010: 30

Mar 2010: 30

Current Payment Status: 30-59 late

Worst Payment Status: 30-59 late

(I read someplace that you can ask to have an authorized user account from your credit report)

I don't want to take any action that would cause my scores to decrease because of the FHA loan I'd like to get later this year. The auto and 2nd mortgage were both from the same credit union and they were not cooperative (understandably) but they sent 1-2 notices about the loans after we filed and would not agree to reaffirm the auto loan if we filed a chapter 7. Our other car loan was also paid through the CH 13 and it the credit report notes state Chapter 13.

I read someplace that 30 & 60 day lates do not affect your credit score much after a few years but 90 & 120 lates do for the entire 7 years and that a 120 late is as bad as a bankruptcy. 

So should I dispute? 

Which ones?

What grounds?

I am open to suggestions and feedback - thanks!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.