Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Climbing.Need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score Climbing.Need help

Now that my credit report is including my chapter 7 filing and discharge the collections are falling off and my score is climbing. I have one card post ch 7 discharge (CreditOne). My score is 500 with Equifax. I would like to apply for a new card ( i applied for capital one before the ch 7 was showing on my credit and was denied) a car loan since our car was given back to Carvana. Any suggestions. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score Climbing.Need help

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that my credit report is including my chapter 7 filing and discharge the collections are falling off and my score is climbing. I have one card post ch 7 discharge (CreditOne). My score is 500 with Equifax. I would like to apply for a new card ( i applied for capital one before the ch 7 was showing on my credit and was denied) a car loan since our car was given back to Carvana. Any suggestions. 

I would recommend reading this Thread, as it offers a path forward.

* HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less! by SoulMaster

This thread is located in "Bouncing Back from Credit Problems" in the "bankruptcy" section.

SoulMaster offers "suggestion" to different cards, and WHY.  keep in mind, YMMV

The insight I received from it is conceptualizing a Time Line going forward, and laying out a plan.

As many can attest, success is not immediate and total. It happens over time & piece meal. Variables which will impact this are your Scores are hard pulls from different CRAs, Credit Limits, CL increases. * Oh, and the unspoken properly paid responsibly and regularly.

So with this in mind, the first card, or second card planned to App for will depend upon your current circumstances and  facts only you will be aware of.  Only you can make the best decision for yourself.

However, gathering as much information that is directly applicable to your situation and where it can be utilized on your time line is ideal.

Take care!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.