Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score after Chp. 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score after Chp. 7

I am 63 years old, filed Chapter 7 in May of 2009 and was laid off my job in June of 2009.  Why should I care about my credit score at this point in my life?  I cannot find a job at my age so credit cards are out should I decide to rebuild.  .I have a car and a house so I'm not counting on needing another any time soon. Part time work and social security should allow me to make my house payment and other expenses.  What is the value for people in my situation to try and rebuild?    You fight your credit score all your working life, why not relax and forget it.  Our forefathers did it, why not us?   I want no more credit.  "Neither a lender nor borrower be" .   Am I missing the point?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Score after Chp. 7

Hi...and welcome to the forums.

No...you're not missing the point. But remember, that's your point.

I'm only a few years younger than you are, and I'm starting a new career. "Relax and forget it" is great...if that's what you want. Go for it! I support your decision.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score after Chp. 7

@Anonymous wrote:
I am 63 years old, filed Chapter 7 in May of 2009 and was laid off my job in June of 2009.  Why should I care about my credit score at this point in my life?  I cannot find a job at my age so credit cards are out should I decide to rebuild.  .I have a car and a house so I'm not counting on needing another any time soon. Part time work and social security should allow me to make my house payment and other expenses.  What is the value for people in my situation to try and rebuild?    You fight your credit score all your working life, why not relax and forget it.  Our forefathers did it, why not us?   I want no more credit.  "Neither a lender nor borrower be" .   Am I missing the point?

Hello.

I can't and won't say you are wrong with whatever you decide. Only you have all the facts needed to go forward with your life. I wish you all the best.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.