Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union Question

tag
scrubs
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Union Question

sooo true 06 about navy. does not matter paying off navy cc because she still have the house payments with navy. i had a friend that had an mortage with navy cc zero balance and cont to pay on the montage navy close cc , insurance and on line access everything was closed. only way too keep navy is to close off all your accounts and have an zero balance on all of them then reopen after six months after bk.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scrubs wrote:

sooo true 06 about navy. does not matter paying off navy cc because she still have the house payments with navy. i had a friend that had an mortage with navy cc zero balance and cont to pay on the montage navy close cc , insurance and on line access everything was closed. only way too keep navy is to close off all your accounts and have an zero balance on all of them then reopen after six months after bk.

Looks like Navy Federal and USAA sing from the same sheet of music.  Sometimes I think 1/3 of my career has been spent dealing with Navy Federal, PenFed and USAA over issues servicemembers have with them.  Of the three, Navy Federal is an abusive SOB whereas USAA and PenFed are somewhat pragmatic.  USAA and Navy Federal are also the most vindictive, unforgiving financial institutions I have ever seen. 

I wonder if Navy Federal handles a Chapter 13 bankruptcy any differently since secured debts are paid in full.

Message 12 of 14
scrubs
Regular Contributor

does not matter what kind bk you file, if you burn navy its over for life. navy has been very good to me everything i asked for i  got and fast.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scrubs wrote:

does not matter what kind bk you file, if you burn navy its over for life. navy has been very good to me everything i asked for i  got and fast.

I agree.  Navy Is great; so is USAA.  PenFed can be great except for the occassional bout of PMS.  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.