Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union will not report $0 balance after discharge

tag
34Roses
Contributor

Re: Credit Union will not report $0 balance after discharge

I will check with Trustee but I am pretty sure they paid them in accordance to the terms.  I can see all the payments in my case online.

rebuilding financially
Goal Score - 770 #claimingit
DiscoverIT, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap One QS
Message 11 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@34Roses wrote:

Unfortunately, this CU plays hard ball. Smiley Sad.  I wrote 4 goodwill letters to CEO and CM asking for a good will deletion.  No go.  

Just recently last month since I am trying to bounce back from CH 13 I tried to open an account there again.  I was told since I filed bankruptcy with them there servcies are no longer offered to those previous client Smiley Surprised   - Oh well took my business to another CU.  The thing is I had a good payment history with them before I filed. 

Then I disputed the amount and past due balance still reporting to EQ that I owe.    So I either I report them or ITS.

All CUs have this attitude when you burn them in BK. As a rule you dont open deposit accounts at banks or CUs that were burned by either a CO or BK. The only way they would open their arms again is if you paid back every dime that was owed not just a percentage as done by CH-13..

Message 12 of 15
34Roses
Contributor

I did not know about not going back to them.  Newbie here still learning.   - Thax

rebuilding financially
Message 13 of 15
34Roses
Contributor

Well I got some success!!!    I called EQ was told DFCU is reporting it after my dispute  and they cannot change.   I placed a call to DFCU they connected me to the right person and she placed a call when I was on the phone straight to EQ and told them the the update was to clear all balances to $0.  EQ said would update it in 24- 48 hours.

That was yesterday and today it is fix.   So sucess without having to report.    1 down and more fixing to go Smiley Happy

Thanks to everyone who replied.  It is much appreciated.

rebuilding financially
Message 14 of 15
soldierpr

Your best bet is to file an CFPB complaint. I had the same problem last year with an account that keeps reporting balance and the CFPB took care of it in 3 days!. They are no joke and they will follow up on it. Send them your schedule and discharge papers. 

Starting Score: 492-TU, 480-EX FICO , 495-EQ (06/12)

Current Score: 685-TU, 625-EX FICO , 675-EQ (02/15)

Goal Score: 700
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.