Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit advice post BK please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit advice post BK please

@Anonymous wrote:

I use CCT. It's $1 to start then if you cancel, they will give you an offer for $14.97/mo for a year. It's worth that to me to keep track of everything. I did pay for MyFico for 1 month. It was nice to see all of the scores and I will probably do it again when I get to 1yr post discharge.

I'm very jealous of you. I see the QS visa and Venture in your signature. You give me hope. I'm 3 months past my discharge. here's hoping I get one or both before my 1 year mark

Message 11 of 16
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a thread (recent one) that provides CC companies that are BK friendly?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you kindly
Message 13 of 16
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

Hi - When you did the prequal on Cap1 what do you fill in for the excellent, average or rebuilding question?

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 14 of 16
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for all the advice guys. NFCU and USAA want nothing to do with me. I included a card from both of them in my BK. I have started the process of gardening though. Is the 29.95/month worth it to view my FICO 08s or does it matter since I won't be apping for a while?

Yeah, NFCU blacklists for life and USAA for seven years. I think after seven years you may have to call them and ask for full access again, sometimes it is done automatically. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I use CCT. It's $1 to start then if you cancel, they will give you an offer for $14.97/mo for a year. It's worth that to me to keep track of everything. I did pay for MyFico for 1 month. It was nice to see all of the scores and I will probably do it again when I get to 1yr post discharge.

I'm very jealous of you. I see the QS visa and Venture in your signature. You give me hope. I'm 3 months past my discharge. here's hoping I get one or both before my 1 year mark

Please don't be jealous. I think we were lucky. All of us in a rebuilding stage have to take it day by day, step by step. Our credit got a bounce after a couple of cards started reporting and we were qualified. Watch your internal score with Cap1. Mine hit just over 670 when I was prequalified with them.

Good luck to you.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.