Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit counseling course

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Credit counseling course

It's been a while since I've done this. A family member is going to be filing for Ch7 and needs to take the credit counseling course. I don't remember if they are all created equal/cost about the same. Looking for an online.  Any that are popular/recommended?

Thanks!

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit counseling course

@masscredit wrote:

It's been a while since I've done this. A family member is going to be filing for Ch7 and needs to take the credit counseling course. I don't remember if they are all created equal/cost about the same. Looking for an online.  Any that are popular/recommended?

Thanks!

I'd suggest the cheapest your relative can find to take online, they're pretty well useless, just a formality required by the courts. Just make sure the one you choose is approved by the local BK court. I can't even remember the content of mine from 2010, it's was pretty basic stuff - don't spend more then you can afford, etc. etc.

Message 2 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Ask the attorney handling the bankruptcy case to recommend a couple of sources.

Message 3 of 4
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Our attorney had one they worked with directly, when we completed each portion the certificate was automatically e-mailed to his office.

What a waste of time and money those courses were though.  The course I had to take must have been written by a fifth grader with all the typos and grammatical errors.  I honestly felt dumber after having taken the course.

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.