Established Contributor
bk510

Credit file after BK7

hi guys,

Question bout credit file after post BK7.

Once my bk gets dscharged, which it did on 6/12, Now.....

does that mean that i now have no credit history now that i am starting fresh and back to square one?

and or is my credit profile becomes so called "thin file"?

Lil confused with all the credit profile stuff as far as whats thin and or thick and all that stuff....

thanks

BK 7 Discharged 6/12 (Burned Amex, Chase and Citi)
Order of approvals...
Frequent Contributor
Countingpennies

Re: Credit file after BK7

Have you checked your credit reports since your discharge? If not, get all 3 from annualcreditreport.com or the individual CRAs if you've had your free reports within the last year. You want the full reports, not a 3rd party or 3 in 1, there's more info in the full reports.

Most likely, you have a thin report if you don't have many open accounts, but you really need to check them and make sure everything is reporting correctly.
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Re: Credit file after BK7

AFAIK, your old accounts should appear as  included in bankruptcy (IIB).  And you should check your reports to verify that all accts IIB are reporting that way, and not as open collection accts.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+