Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file after BK7

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Credit file after BK7

hi guys,

Question bout credit file after post BK7.

Once my bk gets dscharged, which it did on 6/12, Now.....

does that mean that i now have no credit history now that i am starting fresh and back to square one?

and or is my credit profile becomes so called "thin file"?

Lil confused with all the credit profile stuff as far as whats thin and or thick and all that stuff....

thanks

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: Credit file after BK7

Have you checked your credit reports since your discharge? If not, get all 3 from annualcreditreport.com or the individual CRAs if you've had your free reports within the last year. You want the full reports, not a 3rd party or 3 in 1, there's more info in the full reports.

Most likely, you have a thin report if you don't have many open accounts, but you really need to check them and make sure everything is reporting correctly.
Message 2 of 3
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit file after BK7

AFAIK, your old accounts should appear as  included in bankruptcy (IIB).  And you should check your reports to verify that all accts IIB are reporting that way, and not as open collection accts.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.